I’m very new to the whole blogging scene and as far as understanding how to promote, advertise or link my blog to others I haven’t really learned how to do any of that. Purple Law Lady at Fibromodem nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award – given to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. She wrote me a message commentating how she follows my blog and does appreciate that it is rare for fellas to identify themselves as having fibro. I am frequently outnumbered in support groups etc. but I can honestly say it is nice to have a name for all the symptoms that I’m struggling with for a long time now. As for Fibromodem, her enthusiasm and passion for raising awareness of fibro are amazing. I don’t know where she gets her energy from but I wish you could bottle it! 🙂
I’ve always written this blog as a therapeutic tool for myself so if anyone else reads it, it is a bonus. I love getting comments because it takes a lot for anyone to take the time to reply to a post. I really appreciate the nomination from Purple Law Lady and I am hoping to use this as an opportunity to increase the numbers reading my blog and also to hear from others with fibro. I will certainly be trying to read more blogs and commenting as much as I can on other people’s efforts.
So here goes, I’ll try to follow the rules and set up the links etc. but if I make any mistakes fibrofog and my inability to concentrate is getting the blame! 🙂
Here are the rules:
1. If you are nominated, you must blog a post linking back to the person/blog that nominated you.
Think I’ve done that above
2. You must answer some questions, nominate ten fellow bloggers and link their blogs to the post,
Answering the questions is no problem but I’m not sure I’ve even read 10 other bloggers but I’ll certainly try to find other fibro fighters and link to them
3. You should comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
So, here are the questions:
1. Who is your favourite philosopher?
I wouldn’t have a favourite philosopher but I do like the thought that ‘whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should’
2. What is your favourite number?
9 – I know I always talk about football but that was the number I always tried to wear
3. What is your favourite animal?
I’m not really an animal person and I’m scared of dogs I don’t know but my sisters dog is a beautiful dog so probably him
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter urls?
5. What is your favourite time of the day?
6. What was your favourite vacation?
Crete just after my Leaving Cert exams. Sunshine, good times and not a care in the world
7. What is your favourite physical activity?
Swimming because it’s about the only time I’m not in pain
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
Coffee, I’ve given up a lot because of fibro and I probably shouldn’t drink ANY caffeine but I love good coffee
9. What is your favourite flower?
Can I pass??
10. What is your passion?
Sport – although that’s confined to watching these days
I’d love to add one more question for anyone who reads this:
11. If there is one thing that you would like to learn about fibro from a male perspective, what would that be? Leave me a comment or send me a message and I’ll answer as many questions (if any!) I get
10 Blogger Nominees – Yes I can count so I’ll add to this list as I go